Dis-Chem Pharmacies (all over Gauteng) are proud to launch the 2021/2022 Retail Learnerships. Kick-Start your Career in Retail with this learnership that is based in our retail stores across Gauteng.
- Matric / Grade 12 Qualification
Dis-Chem Pharmacies in Gauteng has Retail Learnership opportunities available. Successful applicants will contribute to Dis-Chem’s high merchandising standards, provide excellent customer service, insure accurate receiving of goods delivered and facilitate the efficient flow of goods in the trading store, maintain administration and contribute to the profitability of the business unit.
- Accurately verify, scan and capture physical goods receipts for the store in accordance with company policies and standard operating procedures.
- Ensure the flow of stock receipts through receiving is maintained that deliveries arriving are receipted the same day.
- Ensure delivered stock or stock pulled from the store room are stored and packed in the correct spaces.
- Assist with counting of stock files and general stock take.
- Check goods received of all warehouse invoices.
- Verify and check supplier invoices for total accuracy.
- Exchange merchandise for customers and accept return goods by customers when authorized to do so.
- Assist in restocking merchandise as needed to ensure maximum sales.
- Compute sales prices, total purchases and receive and process cash or credit payment.
- Process all loyalty cards including those of our accelerator partners.
- Process payments at Point of Sale.
- Assist with daily administration activities regarding customers, sales and staff matters.
- Prove friendly, helpful and courteous assistance and advice to all customers.
- Coordinate and assist in store events and promotions.
- Assist with the record keeping and updating of customer information and keep absolute confidentiality thereof.
- Knowledge of retail practices and related duties.
- English – Read, write and speak well.
- Basic understanding and use of Microsoft Office Packages – Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Good customer service and time management skills.
- Trustworthy and honest.
- Self-starter, diligent, accurate and pay attention to detail.
- Be able to read relevant departmental reports and have good communication skills.
- 2nd Additional Language
- Be able to analyse retail reports
Special conditions of employment:
- South African citizen
- MIE – Clear Criminal and Credit Record
- Driver’s license or own reliable transport
- Be able and willing to work retail hours
Remuneration and benefits:
ONLY SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED. IF YOU HAVEN`T BEEN CONTACTED WITHIN TWO WEEKS AFTER THE CLOSING DATE CONSIDER YOUR APPLICATION AS UNSUCCESSFUL.
Dis-Chem Pharmacies is an equal opportunity employer. Dis-Chem’s approved Employment Equity Plan and targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process aligned to Dis-Chem’s Employment Equity & Transformation Strategy. Dis-Chem actively supports the recruitment of People with Disabilities.
PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOU COMPLETE THE QUESTIONNAIRE THAT COMES UP IN A NEW WINDOW WHEN YOU CLICK APPLY. IF YOU ARE USING A SMART DEVICE, THE QUESTIONNAIRE MAY NOT POP UP, AND YOU APPLICATION WILL NOT BE COMPLETE