Location: all provinces
To develop candidates on how to conduct Civil Testing laboratory operations within a commercial environment, according to QMSs and Accreditation requirements
Key Performance Areas:
Conduct tests and generate test results and reports thereof:
- Plan and prepare to conduct tests
- Receive and record all samples from clients before testing
- Conduct manual or automated tests and generate test results using conventional test methods
- Record test results
- Interpret test methods
Apply calibration and maintenance procedures:
- Prepare and apply calibration procedures
- Demonstrate the appropriate maintenance and basic trouble shooting requirements
- Calibrate and verify test equipment
- Process proficiency samples
- Participate in in-house test validations
Participate in maintaining the quality management system and accreditation of the laboratory:
- Conduct all activities assigned to maintain the Quality Management System and Accreditation
- Maintain all aspects of the laboratorys quality system in accordance with the Quality Manual and the laboratorys accreditation to the relevant ISO standard e.g. ISO 17025, OECD Principles of Good Laboratory Practice and OHS requirements
Adhere to SABS HSE policies and procedures:
- Ensure responsible housekeeping within the work area at all times or as directed by management
- Maintain a safe working environment by adhering to all safety principles and procedures
- Keep up with all the changes in the OHS requirements
Deliver excellent customer service:
- Provide excellent customer service by meeting and exceeding the client requirements
- Handle queries and resolve problems within sphere of control
- Attend to customer issues within sphere of control within the agreed time frame
Ensure that all administration and reporting is kept up to date (within scope of control):
- Ensure timeous submission of accurate subsistence and travel claims, results, time sheets and any other related documentation
- Timeous updating of training records
- Updating of method files with quality control data
Qualifications and Experience:
- Matric certificate and Academic records for the qualification in Mechanical / Civil Engineering (Students)
- Matric + National Diploma or Degree in Mechanical / Civil Engineering (Graduates)
- Graduate will receive an Experiential Learning – 12 months contract
- Student will receive an In-service Training to Graduate – 12 months contract
Conveys information, thoughts, and opinions by writing or speaking in a persuasive manner appropriate to the audience. Listens carefully and attentively, and clarifies and confirms the understanding of others’ messages. Demonstrates an understanding of the implicit (emotional) message as well as the explicit message of any communication.
Demonstrates in-depth understanding of customers’ industries and core business processes, and their technical and business requirements. Builds significant long-term relationships with key customer contacts.
Demonstrates resourcefulness by exploring a range of alternatives and options to resolve problems. Quickly recognizes new problems and develops solutions within appropriate time scales.
Considers the impact of decisions/actions beyond the boundaries of own organization / team. Influences key people to support the achievement of team and line of business goals. Builds networks of contacts that can help in attaining goals.
Seeks out new approaches and ideas for continuous improvement. Anticipates problems and can identify and help implement new and unique ways to ensure high-quality service levels.
How to apply